I left Utah on Tuesday, August 9th at about 4 PM. I arrived in State College, PA on Friday August 12 at about 10 PM. From my parents' house in South Jordan, Utah to the Penn State campus I drove 2,020 miles. I made a wrong exit near Chicago and had to drive 9 miles before I could turn around so if I hadn't made a wrong turn, it would have been almost exactly 2,000 miles. It was a long but pretty uneventful drive. I listened to the first to Harry Potter Books and got a good way through one of the Narnia books.
My least favorite states were Indiana and Ohio - they don't have nice rest stops, they have tolls, the speed limit was only 70 and highway patrol everywhere (I got pulled over in Indiana - just a warning! Whew!)
But the most interesting thing I saw on my drive were the pink sheets on the bed in my hotel room in Rawlins, WY. I have been in a lot of hotel rooms and this is the first time I have ever seen pink sheets.
In spite of the cheap hotel rooms with their pink sheets, Woohoo! I made it to Pennsylvania!
No comments:
Post a Comment