All in all, it wasn't that scary. Things started out slowly I only have a couple of classes on Monday, one of which is an undergrad class that really is just a review. But on Thursday is my Theatre Research Class. It is the class I am most nervous about and my nerves were not eased by the teacher saying things like: "Uh, midterm and final...well it depends on how I'm feeling whether we have them or not." and speaking of our 10-15 page paper which will be the only thing we are graded on if there is not a midterm or final "You should get an 'A'. Why would you come to graduate school if you aren't going to get an 'A'? " And then the thing that discouraged me the most, "If you get less then a C, you may not be invited back to the program next semester."
So, since I am taking 12 grad credits, plus doing 1 1/2 assistantships, plus practicing for my voice and piano lessons and writing a research paper that I have to get an A on, I went to my advisor to discuss maybe dropping a class or two. But she assured me that if I didn't get an A on this paper I will be fine
So, I'm not hyperventilating anymore, but I do sort of feel like I am staring at a tidal wave of school work that is looming above me and will crash onto shore about mid-October.
No comments:
Post a Comment