Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Brisbane - July 12, 2013


The conference is very interesting and I am meeting interesting people.  Today we were bused down to some park on the Brisbane River where we had a catered lunch.  It was a very lovely spot.


These are the steps we climbed down to get the park on the river.

At the lunch: Tracey Bourne (Australia), Me, Mary Saunders-Barton, Areti Topouzidi (Greece)



With out getting all geeky and talking about voice teaching stuff I am not really sure what to say about the conference.  I haven’t really seen much of Brisbane and probably won’t due to the conference.  This evening I didn’t go to the master class, it was centered around choral singing so I decided that I could miss it so that I could do some laundry.  So I did do laundry tonight but only after I went to the Queens Street Mall (which is a pedestrian street with lots of shops and restaurants).  It is Friday night and I am in Brisbane!  I couldn’t spend the whole evening in my hotel.  There were live bands playing. I bought a smoothie (which was really good!) and walked around enjoying the atmosphere and sipping my smoothie.  This is not good for your digestion, I recommend sitting down to eat the smoothie then walking – then you can enjoy it and actually get the nutrition from it.  Sorry, I digressed into my geeky hippy nutrition self….So, I enjoyed the atmosphere and bought a few souvenirs – you know the magnets.  That is what we Turnbows buy.  Magnets are useful and inexpensive.

Then I came home and did my laundry and worked on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly