I got up, packed and checked out of my hotel by 10AM. Then I went to a nearby café where I sat an
used the free wireless for about an hour.
Then I made my way to the airport.
I had plenty of time to get to the airport and get checked in and
besides that my flight was delayed so I did a lot of waiting at the airport,
but it was ok. I had a good book to
read. Oh, Oh, Oh! I feel a movie quote coming on: "not too bad and we had plenty of books to pass the time." Anyone know what movie? Hint: say it with a German accent.
The flight from Wellington to Brisbane was uneventful. I arrived.
I had to show my seashells to the customs people. They passed.
Yay! And then I changed my money
from NZ dollars to Australian dollars, figured out how to get to my hotel and
got on the shuttle.
I met a girl on the shuttle who works in Poppa New
Guinea. It sounds like she works as a
missionary, but gets paid. It’s her
job. She works with assessing the
language needs of the people and also works to translate the Bible into the
languages there. It sounded quite fascinating.
I thought Mary’s presentation was tomorrow. I am really glad that I was wrong. I am also really glad that I looked at the
schedule. I wish I had looked at it
sooner.
No comments:
Post a Comment