Saturday, July 6, 2013

Wellington - July 6, 2013


I slept in today and it felt really good.  When I did get up I went and bought my internet usage and then got on line to figure out some things about Wellington.  I spent the afternoon at the Te Papa Museum.  I spent most of my time in the NZ History and Maori sections.  It was interesting, but I must confess that I wasn’t nearly as engrossed as I have been in other museums. 

Then I walked around Wellington a bit, contemplated going to a movie, but decided that I should go home and do a few responsible things which I am happy to report I was disciplined enough to actually do.  On my way back to my hotel, I stopped and got some Indian Take-Out.  I had my left over "Mexican" for lunch.  I decided I had better branch out a bit.

That is really it.  I have looked into many of the shop windows at the Cuba Mall and thought I would really love to go in and try those boots on, but I don’t.  P.S.  the shoes here are amazing!!!  So many cute shoes!  Why don’t we have shoes like this in America?  If they were not all around $100 I would really go try them on and buy some.  Really cute though and so much more creative that our American shoes where the only option is a 6 inch stiletto in 20 different colors.  In fact, I haven’t really seen any 6 inch heals here.  They are all down in the 2 and 3 in range but with really unique designs and heal thickness.  O.K.  I am done with my shoe obsession.



 
Tomorrow I will get out and away from the Cuba Mall section of town and see a broader view of Wellington.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly