I traveled from Brisbane to Cairns today. It was pretty normal travel. They don’t make you take your shoes off at
the airport security check. That is
really nice.
Cairns is warmer than Brisbane and on the coast. There isn’t
even a blanket on my bed, just a sheet.
I’m not sure it’s that warm. You
know me and my cold thing. I went and
asked for a blanket and they couldn’t find one but said they would keep looking
and bring it up. That was an hour ago…no
blanket yet. I think I’ll be ok, but I
would rather be too hot than even a little bit chilled.
I haven’t seen much of Cairns yet. I get the feeling that Cairns is really just
the launching place for other expeditions.
So I have spent some time this evening trying to decide which
expeditions I am going to do. The girl
at the reception desk of my hotel was very helpful in helping me know which
tours are worth doing.
I had a dinner at a restaurant looking out into the
bay. It is really strange, there is
hardly any surf here. I mean hardly any,
it’s like a lake, not the ocean. I’m
sure I’ll learn more about it as I spend more time here.
P.S. I do apologize
that my posts are not being posted daily and that it seems like I am so far
behind. The internet service in the
hotels here in Australia is rather sketchy and it makes blogging difficult. I am writing everyday, I just can’t load the
pictures and post very easily.
No comments:
Post a Comment