Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Brisbane - Juy 14, 2013

I went to church this morning.  The chapel is right next to the temple, so inadvertently I got to see the Brisbane Temple this morning.  I took a few quick pictures.  It is quite small, but lovely.  And it is on a bend of the Brisbane River, I couldn’t help but think of the Nauvoo Temple.  I posted this on Facebook:
As I stood in front of this temple in the bend of this river, my heart reached out with so much gratitude for Latter-day Saints from many years ago that briefly settled in a bend of the Mississippi River and built a temple there in a city they called Nauvoo. My heart also reached out to beloved saints who have recently gathered to that ghost town to retell their stories and celebrate their sacrifices and faith. I am grateful for that faith that has been passed down through generations and spread across the world so, that I could stand in front of a temple of God thousands and thousands of miles from my home and yet still feel at home.”
          
  

 
After church I decided to continue skipping out on the conference and I went to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.  I heard that you get to hold Koala Bears and I had to go.  I knew I would be able to see Koala Bears in either Cairns or Sydney or both, but I wasn’t sure you would be able to hold them, so I had to go today.  I held a Koala Bear!  They are so cute!!  











A Dingo.  I thought is was a really beautiful dog,
although technically they are different than domestic dogs.

They said this is a Tasmanian Devil, but I am pretty sure it is an ROUS.


A Wombat.




Emu and me.



Self portraits can be difficult when animals are involved.
This is my favorite of several attempts.
 


I finally gave up and just asked someone to take the picture.

-->
I tried to make it back in time for the closing ceremonies of the conference, but I didn't.  I stopped by to show Mary and Bob my picture holding the Koala and to wish them bon voyage to New Zealand. I am going to miss them.  It was such an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly