Sunday, May 13, 2012

London: Day 1


I made it safe and sound.  We got to NYC at about 5PM our flight boarded at about 8:30 PM and then after the cabin door was closed and everyone was ready to go there was a technical problem with one of the engines, so we sat at the gate for another hour and a half, while the problem was fixed. It was a 6 hour flight.  I slept most of the way here, but don't really feel like I had any sleep last night.  I am trying to hold off going to bed for another couple of hours so that I can get on London time.

So far London doesn't seem as fast paced or as intimidating as NYC.  I haven't seen any skyscrapers yet.  Most buildings are only about 5 stories high.  We are staying in Central London which is very close to the West End (the Broadway of London).  From the plane window I spotted Buckingham Palace, "Old Ben," the famous clock tower, and Westminster Abbey.  On the way from the airport we drove through Hammersmith and I thought of "Lost in Austen."

I am sharing a room with 2 other girls.  One is a costume designer and one is an actor.  Our flats are newly remodeled and are quite nice, but look like a model out of Ikea.  The hot water pressure in the bathroom is a little iffy.  I haven't tried to shower yet, but I did make sure that we have a large pot that I could boil water in for a bucket shower if necessary. 

I will write more soon.  I realized when I sat down how sleepy I am.  I hope this is making sense.  Here are some pictures I took this afternoon.

I love you all!
Christy

1 comment:

  1. Yay for making it safe and sound! Thanks so much for the update! We will miss you so much and will be praying for you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly