Monday, May 14, 2012

London: Day 2


I think I am pretty close to being over jet lag and on London time.  I slept for almost 12 hours last night and have felt pretty good most of the day.  There wasn’t a lot planned into our schedule to give us time to overcome the jet lag.  We had an orientation and that was really all.  Some highlights of the day:

Yogurt: I ate the best yogurt I have ever tasted for breakfast.  Then for lunch had some really great cheese.  All just from the regular grocery store.  Wow!  I thought the milk products in Pennsylvania were good, but British cows have got something over PA cows. 

Beautiful British Man: one of the salesmen at the local cell phone store was a really beautiful British man…

British Bacon:  Have you ever seen bacon like that?  It is quite tasty!


Dinner with Charly and Loren: The best part of the day was that I met up with my friend Charly and her husband Loren.  Charly and I have served in the Nauvoo Pageant for the past 3 years.  They helped me sort out some things with getting a British cell phone (although we didn’t buy one from the store with the good looking salesman) and then we went out to dinner.  And it was a lovely evening.  I so enjoyed catching up with them.  They live about 20 minutes away from where I am and so I look forward to seeing them often.  In fact, we talked about going to Bath and I asked if we could go to the Jane Austen museum.  Charly said yes and Loren said he would drop us off and he would go to the skate park.  It has made a big difference to me knowing that they are here in this city.  And I am so excited and grateful that on Friday I will travel to Northern England to see another friend from the pageant and we will go to the temple and I know that I will feel at home.  I am so grateful for the church.  I don’t know how people live and especially travel with out it.



My 17th Century London Townhouse:  So, I am living and going to school in a 17th century London townhouse originally built by English aristocracy.  The painting is on the ceiling in the entryway of the building that is the "school" and it is 300 years old and the stairway and sconces are in the same room.   Then I live in the "dorms" in a town house a couple of doors down from the school.  I knew we were living in an old refurbished building but I didn't realize how old and how cool.  This is the door knocker on the front door of the school.


 I don't think that Caroline Bingley could turn up her nose at Great Russell Street.  But then I don't really know.  I am a country girl from Utah, any London townhouse seems grand to me.  




1 comment:

  1. I love it! Such quaint architecture. I agree, any London townhouse does seem grand. From one Utah girl to another :)

    And no, I've never seen bacon like that!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly