Wednesday, May 16, 2012

London: Day 4 (May 16, 2012)


Today we had classes.  So there was no sight seeing and hence no pictures.  I had a speech class where we worked on breathing and relaxing out bodies.  This was great I started to release some of the tension from last semester, moving and traveling.  A few more sessions of that and I may not actually need a chiropractor.  Then I had a voice lesson.  Mary, my teacher, kept saying,  “It seems so strange to fly all the way to London to be doing this.”  I wasn’t sure how to respond to her because I thought, “Yes, we certainly don’t need to be in London to have a voice lesson with you, but I am not going to complain about flying to London to have a voice lesson.”

After lunch we had a discussion about the show we saw last night.  That was quite interesting.  Many people had very strong opinions, there was a lot to talk about. After the discussion I went to the gym – I’m trying to get ready for my bike tour in southern France.  And then this evening we went to see Sweeney Todd, a thoroughly depressing and gory show which left me pessimistic about humanity and feeling a little sick to my stomach after watching so many bloody deaths on stage.  A good brisk walk home took care of the queasy stomach and I shall see if I can find some reading that will restore light and hope before I go to bed. 

So that is a typical class day for us.  We have them a couple of times a week.  I won’t always bore you with the details, but since it was the first one I thought I would give you some idea as to what it is like.

Tomorrow we are off to Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and the Royal Portrait Gallery to see the graves and church, home and portraits of the Kings and Queens of England.  I should have great pictures for you tomorrow.  This picture is from yesterday, there was a little skater place near the National Theatre and there was a very large quantity of graffiti.

1 comment:

  1. These details are anything but boring! I love hearing about what you are doing and LOVE seeing London! I am definitely going there someday. So happy for you and so happy you have friends close by. That makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly