Monday, May 28, 2012

London: Day 13 (May 25, 2012)


I am on Jersey Island today.  I arrived this afternoon.  Alex met me at the airport.  I walked up to her hugged her and said, “Alex I’m in Jersey!”  She said, “Is that a little strange for you?”  I said, “Yes! I’ve heard you talk about it so many times and now I am here!”  She drove me directly to the beach to the beach and we got out and walked around for a few minutes.   It was amazing.  We got home and had a few minutes to chat and eat something. 



You may not know, but Jersey is famous for the Jersey cow.  The Jersey cow is famed for its cream.  When I was a child I remember that my grandparent’ had a Jersey cow.  They had a lot of other cows, but just the one Jersey cow.  I remember very clearly one day, after the milking was done, my grandmother telling me that the milk from the Jersey cow had more and richer cream than the other cows. And because the Jersey cow looked different than all the other cows I know what it looks like.  When I first met Alex in 2007 she was amazed that I knew about Jersey cows.

Then we went to her brother’s 40th birthday party.  It was quite a wild time.  I even got out on the dance floor for a few minutes. It was a rare moment in the history of Christy Rae Turnbow!  I’m not sure how it happened.  The Mackenzie’s are such enthusiastic and happy people and somehow I ended up on the dance floor and then next thing I knew I was doing some sort of kick line to a Queen song.  I took pictures just incase you don’t believe me (not of the kick line, but on the dance floor anyway).


I was so impressed with how loving and open the people here are.  It was a very fun evening.  


This was a very interesting portrayal of women for the women's restroom at the hotel where the party was held.  See the Men's Room first:


 Now see the Women's Room:
??? Is she meant to have spiky pony tails?  I thought it was funny so I had to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly