Monday, May 21, 2012

London: Day 9 (May 21, 2012)


Today was a class day so we spent the day here in our set of London townhouses.  It was actually a busy day.  I didn’t get to have lunch until 4 PM, which meant that during our guest speaker from 2-4, I was quite sleepy.  

Tonight we saw a new play at the National Theatre call Moon over a Rainbow Shawl.  It takes place in the slums of Trinidad post WWII.  It was depressing, but a well done show.

The best part of the day was walking home from the National Theater as we crossed the bridge over the River Thames there was an incredible view of St. Paul’s Cathedral.  It was all lit up, with lights shining on the dome.  It looked like a painting it was truly breathtaking.  I took a picture, but those are things that will never look the same on film or in digital whatever.  You really have to have been there to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly