Wednesday, May 23, 2012

London: Day 11 (May 23, 2012)


Today was a class day.  We worked on the rhythm of Shakespearean Sonnets in my speech class.  I think I could have been a really good Shakespearean actor if I had chosen that path.  In my historic dance class we learned a dance called the Alexandresca.  It originated in Italy.  Here is a link to some other people doing the dance, if you are curious about what it is.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlGGzGP18g8

We didn’t see a show this evening.  I tried to go to the temple but was unsuccessful due to trains breaking down.  The train I was on didn’t actually break down, but another train did and it caused havoc on the rest of the trains.  I didn’t arrive until well after the last session had already started.  The temple is actually a couple of miles from the train station and I couldn’t find a cab to take me there so I could at least see it.  So I tried to figure out if I could walk there and the answer was no, well you probably could, but there isn’t really a sidewalk…  So I turned around and started to make my way back to London which also took a long time, apparently the broken train was still causing problems.  


Tomorrow we are touring the Globe Theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly