Thursday, June 21, 2012

France Day 2: Bayeux (June 18, 2012)


Today was a really mellow day.  We slept in and eventually made our way to see the Bayeux Tapestry.  It was really quite fascinating.  It is a tapestry (an embroidery really) that tells the story of William the Conquerer and his conquest of England.  I have seen pictures of the tapestry before in some textbook either in Humanities at BYU or in high school.  Today I got to see it in person.  It dates back to 1066 AD.

After that we scheduled our D-Day tour for tomorrow.  Then we got some water and an Orangina and sat for a few minutes.  Then we spent about 3 hours walking along the river.  It was lovely.  We took lots of pictures for our photo contest.
  



 And some fun pictures also...



Then we got dinner.  We had omelets and chocolate mousse.  It was good.  It was the first real meal we had eaten in 2 days.  So it was really lovely. 

After dinner I realized that my video camera was missing.  I had put everything I wanted into the pockets of my coat this afternoon because my shoulders are really sore from carrying my computer around all day on Saturday and my video camera fell out of my pocket somewhere.  We remembered the last time we used it and it was in a field where we had filmed some frolicking vs. tripping (English for skipping).  We were having a delightful time but my camera must have fallen out of my picket.  It has to be in that field somewhere.  We walked back to it and looked but didn’t find it.  So, my little video camera is gone.  I thought it was broken in London and then I fixed it – how sad to lose it now. I am going to go back and look again in the morning.

This is a picture from our hotel window at aprox. 10:30 PM.  It is still amazingly light outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly