More of Queen Elizabeth II’s Diamond Jubilee today. I spent a large portion of the day standing in really crowded streets trying to see the Queen’s procession in the carriage and her wave from the balcony. I didn’t really see either of those things. I did have a really great view of the air force fly over and I got to spend the day with Charly and Loren. That was nice and what made it worth it. If not for them I would have just stayed home and watched in on the TV.
Someone gave me a free flag, but when it didn't last very long after being crushed in the crowd and then it started to rain.
We actually were not that far from the palace, but the balcony is behind the Queen Victoria monument and the Queen Victoria Monument had been turned into a stage for the concert the night before. So unless you were on either side of the monument/stage you didn't really see anything.
A view of the balcony on our way out...
No comments:
Post a Comment