Today was another really fun day with Angela. She went to the British Museum in the morning
while I ran and got some flowers for Charmian our professor and coordinator for
the whole London term. Then we went to
Kings Cross Station and found Platform 9 ¾ .
After a few choice picture moments we then got on the underground and
went to North London to Charmian’s house for a tea party. We had a lovely time at the tea party. Charmian had all the traditional scones with jam and clotted cream, sandwiches, biscuits, cake - and she had all of these things in gluten free versions as well! and
Charmian introduced us to Elderflower Cordial which is about the best beverage
I have ever tasted. Angela and I have
determined that we must introduce it to the Turnbow Family. Mmm! It is so tasty and so refreshing. I loved it so much that I took a picture of
the bottle.
We left the tea party and then stopped by my flat for a few
minutes before heading to St. Paul’s Cathedral.
We have both been to the steps of St. Paul’s but not inside. But that has not changed. We were too late, the cathedral had closed
for the day. We did however have a jolly
time singing “Feed the Birds” on the steps of St. Paul’s. I remembered that I had some peanuts in my
bag and so we got live action footage.
It promises to be very entertaining for our movie. The release date is TBD.
Since all the museums were closed we decided to take a walk
along the River Thames. We walked and
talked and then sat and talked for a while.
We eventually made our way to Buckingham Palace and took some pictures
there (all of which are on Angela’s camera so I can’t post them here now).
Here are some pictures of our walk.
We walked from the Palace to Covent Garden and had a late
dinner at the Indian Restaurant that Charly and Loren took me to when I first
arrived. It was yummy and by this time
we had tired feet, it felt good to sit.
It is so fun to have Angela here! Yeah for Sisters!
No comments:
Post a Comment