Angela is here in London!
She arrived this morning. I took
the Underground to meet her at Heathrow Airport. We came back to my flat and then fixed
lunches and went to the Victoria and Albert Museum. Angela was pretty jetlagged all day. My favorite moment in the museum was when I
walked around the corner of an exhibit to see Angela standing there as if
looking at the item and reading the placard yet, her eyes were closing and she
was starting to tilt forward as if she was going to fall over. That’s when I knew that museums and jet lag
do not go together. But her time here is
so short so I shook her up and gave her a piece of really strong mint gum and
took her to the science museum for the virtual orchestra exhibit and we had fun
with the conductor’s podium where you get to wave your hands around like a
conductor and it draws lines on the screen in front of you and makes the sound
louder and softer or changes the pitch depending on how you move your hands.
Outside the Victoria and Albert Museum:
After that we went to Trafalgar Square and I showed her how
to get to Buckingham Palace and some of the other things that she would like to
see but that I have already seen. She
can see them tomorrow while I am in class.
We had a fun time climbing up for picture with the lions, but they must
all be on her camera. These pictures are in front of the National Gallery which forms the north side of Trafalgar Square.
Then I took her to get some fish and chips and then we went
to her hostel and I left her there to get settled and sleep. I then had to rush to the theater to see Ghost, The Musical. There were a few moments that were really cool
from a technical standpoint, but only 2 or 3.
The rest, I will leave to your imaginations.
No comments:
Post a Comment