Today is a Bank Holiday and part of the Queen’s Jubilee
celebrations, so we have no school today.
I worked on the paper for my musical theater history class that was due
in April. It is finished. I am going to print it tomorrow and proof
read it one last time and then turn it.
Yay!
At about 5 PM I met Charly and Loren in St. James’ Park for
a huge concert as part of the Jubilee celebrations. The concert was taking place in front of
Buckingham Palace and we were nearby watching it on a huge screen. It was fun.
They brought in big stars, mostly from the UK but a couple from the USA
and other places. There was classical music,
and comedians and a bunch of popular artists the most well known being Elton
John and Paul McCartney. I felt quite
honored to be part of such an historic event. Only one other British monarch has served for
60 years and that was Queen Victoria. It
is not likely that there will be another for a long, long time. It was a once in a lifetime experience and I
was there!
No comments:
Post a Comment