Today we went to the Imperial War Museum. Most of my classmates went the Holocaust
exhibit. I went to an exhibit about a
family in London during the Blitz and then went to an exhibit about WWI. After a couple of hours we were all depressed
and ready to go home.
We had the rest of the day free. I came home and slept. It felt really good. I think I could have and would have slept longer but I woke up so thirsty and once I was up I didn’t think it was a good idea to sleep longer for fear that I wouldn’t sleep tonight.
We had the rest of the day free. I came home and slept. It felt really good. I think I could have and would have slept longer but I woke up so thirsty and once I was up I didn’t think it was a good idea to sleep longer for fear that I wouldn’t sleep tonight.
We saw Henry V at the Globe Theater tonight. We had the true Elizabethan Era theatre
experience and stood in the poor man’s gallery on the floor. We stood for over 3 hours. But we did also get to shout “God Speed King
Harry!” which was an exciting moment in the show. Before the show started I told my classmate
that I just felt like I wanted to have the true Globe experience and shout out
during the show and that was the perfect opportunity. While standing for the entire show was not
the way that I would choose to see Shakespeare or any theater really, I
survived and actually felt ok. I think
all of the standing that I did during Queen’s Jubilee events got me in shape
and ready for tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment