I woke up feeling poorly today. I’m not sure what is wrong. I think I may have eaten gluten, Paris may
have sucked the life out of me or my body is just done with museums and walking. It could also be a combination of all of the
above.
I tried to be a trooper and not spoil Angela’s time in
Paris. We went to the Musee d’Orsey and
saw the Impressionist art. I enjoyed
that more than I enjoyed the Louvre. It was not nearly as crowded as the Louvre and I think that makes a difference in how you enjoy a museum.
We sat on the steps of the museum and had some water and a
snack. Then we decided to go to the
Cathedral of Notre Dame. The line to get
into the cathedral was extremely long and the line for the stairs to the bell
tower was even longer. Angela had seen
it before and I didn’t feel like it was worth the line. So we went to find the Deportation Memorial,
which is very close to Notre Dame. This
is a memorial to all the French men and women who were sent to concentration
camps during World War II. It is quite a
powerful memorial. It is built to give
the feel of what it was like in the camps so there are high cement walls and
bars.
There is a small park near the memorial and we sat there for
a while talking about the Holocaust.
Then we decided to go do some souvenir shopping. We bought a few magnets and then I was done for the day so we decided to go home.
From inside the Musee D'Orsey. There are two clocks on either end of the buidling. Well they are clocks from the outside and windows from the inside.
Angela went to the boulangerie to buy a bagette while I went
to the grocery store to get ham cheese and a salad for me. Then we put some towels down on our bed and had a picnic in our hotel room.
No comments:
Post a Comment